Updated - November 2013
HealthPRO® is actively working on ICD-10 compliance to ensure that our systems, supporting business processes, policies and procedures meet the implementation standards and deadlines without interruption to day-to-day business operations. We will be compliant in
accepting and processing ICD-10 diagnosis and inpatient procedure codes by the
mandated deadline of October 1, 2014. Our strategy is to follow CMS guidelines
and provide a clear transition path from ICD9 to ICD10.
HealthPRO has compiled a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) to address this transition.
1. What is the current state of ICD-10 readiness of your software application?
HealthMAX is not yet ICD-10 compliant.
Expected Date of Compliance: July 1, 2014 Version: Version ID not yet determined
Cost of Modifications: The cost of the modifications will not be passed on to HealthPRO clients.
Requirements (Upgrade/Patch,etc.): n/a
2. What is the estimated implementation timeframe to complete the ICD-10 upgrade, release, patch or installation?
Once completed, all HealthMAX users will immediately be able to utilize the functionality.
3. Will the application support dual use of the ICD-10-CM/PCS and ICD-9-CM code sets after implementation? Yes XX No __
Will the application include a “Code Type” field that distinguishes between
ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes?
Not yet determined
For how long will dual use be supported? ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes will be entered by
users concurrently until Sept 30, 2014. Dual use will be supported for one year
(until Sept 30, 2015).
4. Specify how you intend to support testing of interfaces?
HealthPRO does not process any diagnosis codes present in inbound HL7 ADT messages (DG1 segment). Therefore, this interface is unaffected.
HealthPRO requires that the facility’s billing software vendor specify any
format changes related to ICD-10 by June 1, 2014. The changes will applied to
the billing file and tested with the billing software. (Please refer to #14 below.)
5. Do interface assessment and modifications require an additional cost? If so, what is the cost structure, and when is the cost incurred?
The cost of the modifications will not be passed on to HealthPRO clients.
6. Will you provide the necessary toolsets to identify custom and standard reports that
contain ICD codes in the logic or display?
Report development is part of the ICD-10 development and implementation effort. HealthPRO clients will not be required to make any report updates.
Does the compliant version allow for code aggregation, code mapping and/or
Crosswalks and code searches? Yes XX No _____
7. Please attach all prerequisite tasks that must be completed to test and implement the
ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS code sets in this application?
The facility will not be responsible for testing of the ICD-10 code sets in HealthMAX.
8. Is delivery and support covered under the client’s current maintenance contract or
will additional support and costs be required? n/a
If additional, please provide the range of costs. n/a
9. Specify how the ICD-9-CM codes can be disabled for dates of service after October 1,
2014, while remaining enabled for earlier dates of service. Also, how will ICD-9-CM legacy data be accommodated?
ICD-9 codes will print on documentation for services delivered on or before Sept 30, 2014.
On Oct 1, 2014, ICD-9 codes will not be available for selection as a treatment
diagnosis, a medical diagnosis, or a co-morbidity, however any ICD-9 data
selected prior to Sept 30 will remain part of the clinical documentation in a
10. Is additional hardware required for the ICD-10 CM/PCS upgrade or replacement?
Yes ____ No XX.
If yes, please provide specifications n/a
Is additional hardware required for testing? Yes____ No XX
11. What customer support and training will be necessary for the new version of the application?
Training will be provided to ensure that users understand any changes to the user interface resulting from the ICD-10 implementation.
Will this be at an additional cost? If so, please attach cost estimates. n/a
12. What is the contingency plan if this application is not ready for go-live on October
An alternate, ICD-10 complaint therapy documentation system will be provided.
13. Attach your proposed project schedule for testing, implementing and training on the
compatible version and for supporting ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS code sets.
The project plan is being refined. The target start date for development is 3Q2013.
14. Specify recommended resources necessary to upgrade the current software version to
comply with the ICD-10-CM/PS code sets.
HealthPRO requires that the facility make billing staff available to test and formally approve the updated billing interface. HealthPRO may request that the facility’s clinical staff members assist with testing any user interface updates.
15. Must a contract addendum be signed before work on the system modifications commences? If so, what are the terms of the contract addendum?
Please attach. n/a