One Very Important, Creative Solution for Forward-Thinking Senior Living Communities
YOUR GOAL is to attract new residents and to preserve occupancy keeping them happy & healthy and aging in place.
YOUR CHALLENGE is executing on unique, tangible initiatives that differentiate your community from market competitors.
YOUR SOLUTION will succeed if onsite therapy services support concierge wellness and care initiatives – in concert with Home Health – to proactively deliver on meaningful clinical programming for residents. Savvy Senior Living communities realize that onsite therapy services can serve as the “anchor” to:
- Reinforce care initiatives with innovative programming…especially as residents’ health needs become more complex.
- Therapy services can proactively lower risk of an adverse event or move-out by delivering specific clinical programs tailored to memory care, balance & mobility, urinary incontinence, post-surgical care, and more.
- On-site therapy services can also reduce the burden on nursing by offering specific care strategies for higher acuity residents.
- Create a virtual continuum through alliances with downstream / upstream providers. HealthPRO® Heritage is adept at helping communities create relationships and tailored, cross-continuum programming to drive market share. These initiatives include:
- Access to market analytics and quality ratings data for up and downstream providers to inform partnerships;
- Access to skilled nursing discharges from our partner facilities;
- A proven ability to partner with SNF and Home Health providers on clinical programs across care settings to foster positive outcomes & episodic care management.
- Recognized Safe Transitions programming between care settings to efficiently manage care needs while reducing rehospitalization risk.
- PDPM, the new Medicare payment system for skilled nursing, may shorten SNF LOS further based on a payment adjustment for LOS.
- Support short-stay options to back fill open units. For those communities with a strong care program inclusive of onsite therapy services, short-stay options can be an important part of achieving and sustaining budgeted occupancy and NOI.
To best position your community for optimal census and market share, develop a relationship with a therapy partner who can effectively collaborate with Home Health to drive clinical programming without adding overhead cost to your bottom line. Senior Living communities must take advantage of therapy providers like HealthPRO® Heritage who offer flexible, customized models of support that exceed expectations for census development and quality care.
Written by: Jody Despoy (SVP, Senior Living Divison) and John Schwaner (SVP, Business Development for Senior Living)