HHS announced $20 billion in new funding for providers on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic. This Phase 3 distribution was made possible through the bipartisan CARES Act and the Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act (which allocated $175 billion in relief funds to hospitals, skilled nursing, home health and other healthcare providers.) Skilled nursing & home health providers and others who have received Provider Relief Fund payments (and some who were previously ineligible providers) are invited to apply for additional funding to cover operating expenses caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Application Timeline: October 5 thru November 6
- HHS is urging providers to apply early to help expedite the review process and payment calculations and accelerate the payment distribution.
- Webinars & a call center are available to assist providers with the application process.
- Skilled nursing, home health and other providers who previously received, rejected or accepted a General Distribution Provider Relief Fund payment. Providers that have already received payments of approximately 2% of annual revenue from patient care may submit more information to become eligible for an additional payment.
- Healthcare providers that began practicing January 1, 2020, through March 31, 2020. This includes Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, dentists, assisted living facilities and behavioral health providers.
- An expanded group of behavioral health providers confronting the emergence of increased mental health and substance use issues exacerbated by the pandemic will also be eligible for relief payments.
Learn more: Provider Relief Program, please visit: hhs.gov/providerrelief
CMS Update 2020,